I have been designing and building simple, elegant websites under the banner of bigflannel in NYC since 2000. Specialities include photography and or media led websites, websites with editorial value, and websites for creatives, boutique retailers, start-ups and professionals seeking to represent themselves online. I work on a project or consultancy basis with clients, designing and building a website to meet a specific purpose, or implementing and or customizing a template (my own or 3rd party).
While studying manufacturing engineering and economics at university in England, I discovered I was a creative trapped in an engineer’s body. An MA in Applied Social Research and four (4) years of HIV Education practice later, the internet was invented: a space that allowed both the creative and the engineer in me to thrive. Since then I have been building websites under the banner bigflannel in New York City.
I was the Creative Director and a Partner at ZOOZOOM, a multiple Fashion Webby award winner and I currently help out at aCurator, a website I designed and built. I have a B.Eng Joint Honors, Manufacturing Engineering and Economics and an MA in Applied Social Research.
Awards and Commendations
- Webby Winner: Fashion [2002, 2007]
- Webby Official Honoree: News , Fashion 
- Webby Nomination: Fashion 
Other awards and commendations have included:
- ID Magazine Annual Design Review Interactive ;
- TIME Magazine 50 Coolest Websites ;
- American Photo Magazine Cover [05/06];
- Silver Davey ;
- Adobe Site of The Day [4/4/05];
- Communication Arts Site of The Day [08/08, 08/11];
- PDN [Digital Imaging 2002, Digital Imaging 2003, Digital Imaging 2003, Photo Annual 2005, Photo Annual 2011];
- Alt Pick [Annual 2003, Annual 2004].